Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria
- Identify as a member of a racial or ethnic group that is traditionally underrepresented in advanced classes at Evanston Township High School and in higher education. (e.g. Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native Hawaiian/Alaskan Native).
- Come from a low to modest middle-income household (combined income of custodial parents/guardians and child support payments, if any, must not exceed an adjusted gross income of more than $95,000 annually.)
- Be first-generation in their immediate family to attend and graduate from a four-year college in the United States. Students are also eligible if their parents/guardians don’t have a bachelor’s degree from a US college/university or their parents/guardians have received a bachelor’s degree within the past seven years.
If the custodial parents’ income exceeds the amount above and/or their educational attainment does not meet the above guidelines, applicants can detail their special circumstances in a statement which will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Complete and submit an online application
- Application Sections:
- Student section (short response questions, essays, grades)
- Parent/guardian section (personal info, household info, short responses)
- One teacher recommendation
- Transcript (official, unofficial, screenshot)
- Interviews (conducted in June):
- Factors considered:
- Quality of application
- Ability to benefit from all components in the program