Register For An Information Session
Our 60-minute information session, led by Northwestern Academy team member, provides an overview of the Northwestern Academy for the Chicago Public Schools program, the application process, with time for a question/answer session at the end.
Who Can Apply?
All Northwestern Academy applicants must demonstrate an aptitude for long-term academic performance, demonstrated by a strong high school curriculum and transcript. Applicants must also demonstrate motivation and willingness to engage in intensive learning experiences both in and out of school. All applicants must currently be enrolled in the ninth grade at a non-selective enrollment Chicago Public School.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- First generation in their family to attend a four-year college in the United States
- Students from households of limited financial means (e.g., qualification for free or reduced price lunch, or an income of about $65,000 or less for a family of four)
- Identify with a racial or ethnic group that is traditionally underrepresented in higher education (e.g., African American, Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Pacific Islander)
- All A’s and B’s (3.3+ GPA)
- At least two honors classes
- Motivation and desire to take higher level classes
- First-generation, limited financial means or underrepresented background
- Student & family background information
- Short writing prompts & one essay
- One teacher recommendation (academic core class)
- Academic record submitted by counselor (semester 1 grades)